Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Mt. Maculot....Rockies Experience

December around this time seems a little less colder than expected. Probably the cool northeast wind a.k.a. Amihan isn't ready to share it's cold embrace with Philippines.  Best introduction of my article so far.... (astig ng pasakalye! harhar!)

So with that, a group of 11 hikers decided to visit a not-so-distant place where chilling air would welcome us with abandon. 
      The place - Cuenca, Batangas
      The mountain - Mt. Maculot

Around 6:00 AM, we're on the road bound to Batangas where Lomi awaits us! Yum!

My apologies for those who are looking forward to my usual detailed itinerary. This is the best that I could provide you as I wasn't too keen in keeping track of time before I started this blog. :(

Meeting Place - Jam Liner along LRT Buendia Taft
0430 Strict Call time (duhhhh!)
0600 ETD at Jam Liner boarding Lemery-bound bus
0900 ETA Cuenca Poblacion. Take tricycle to Registration area then to jump-off.
0930 Start Hike
1130 Arrival at campsite. Lunch.
1230 Start ascent to Rockies
1245 Rockies. Photo opt! (My personal fave!)
130-3:30 Start Descent
3:30-4:00 Jumpoff Tidy up
4:00 - 5:00 Early dinner / side trip - Lomihan!


I'd rate this climb as my Top 1 with regards to:

  •  Trails - no need of guide as trails are very well established
  • Water source - it's like 7-11 up there. Every station has drinks to offer like buko juice, soft drinks and halo-halo and, of course,
  • View - with Mt. Maculot, I'm with my favorite elements - heights and rocks! (Someday, I'd go for the extremely massive boulders.)
Budget : Php 500.00


Let's get it on!

My mountain buddies!

One of the best -- Cheap and very yummy!

A great photo bomber, don't you think!

Mt. Maculot nowadays is considered as one of the most visited mountains and with that comes garbage....tons of it.

This is a fun climb that I'd surely do again and would definitely join a Clean-up climb to ensure that what I had experienced back then would still be the same years from now.

Til then.




No comments:

Post a Comment