Thursday, February 20, 2014

In between letters and life

I looked up and see the sky...it spelled magnificence.
The old wooden door left open....spelled escape.
That guy in the avenue waiting for a cab....spelled boredom.
My bleeding hand fixing the box....spelled life.

I choked for an answer and got nothing in return....it spelled hunger.
The rustic pipe across the trail....spelled thirst.
The rash on my olive skin.....spelled beauty.
For every chance I've been given....it spelled life.

Popping those bubble wraps, crisp and loud....it spelled reflection.
The aromatic rosary I hold so tight....it spelled faith.
Those nasty thoughts I dared profess....it spelled human.
My nephew's irritating cry for milk.....it spelled life.

The alarm on my phone waking me up....it spelled new day.
The never-ending city traffic jam....it spelled chaos.
My tattoos written in different colours and sizes....it spelled individuality.
You reading this so-called poem....it spelled life.

The magnificence has helped me escape from boredom....it spelled life.
My hunger and thirst for concealed beauty....it spelled life.
Those endless reflections of my faith as human....it spelled life.
Waiting for that new day in the midst of chaos and individuality...that is - LIFE.

Till then. 





No comments:

Post a Comment